We know you all can’t wait for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge to open, so while we wait, here are some details!
1. It Opens Next Year! – Opening date is currently set at 2019. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at the Disneyland® Resort will debut first and the land at the Walt Disney World® Resort will debut second.
2. It’s Set On The Planet Batuu – At Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, you will visit Batuu, a remote outpost on the galaxy’s edge that was once a busy crossroads along the old sub-lightspeed trade routes, but its prominence was bypassed by the rise of hyperspace travel. Now home to those who prefer to stay out of the mainstream, it has become a thriving port for smugglers, rogue traders and adventurers traveling between the frontier and uncharted space. It’s also a convenient safe haven for those intent on avoiding the expanding reach of the First Order.
5. A Cantina Will Serve Up Blue Milk – Only one food and beverage item has been announced for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge so far and that’s the blue milk Luke Skywalker made famous in “Star Wars IV: A New Hope.”
6. Expect To See Characters From A Galaxy Far, Far Away – You will also encounter many familiar faces inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, including BB-8, Chewbacca, members of the First Order and – among many others – Rex, the troublesome pilot you may remember from the previous version of a certain Disney attraction who takes on a new role in this land as the DJ at the Cantina.
7. The Land Will Feature Marketplaces & New Toys – Imagineers looked to the exotic markets of Istanbul and Marrakech for inspiration for the land’s marketplace, where you can explore a rich collection of shops and merchant stalls. One stall will be overseen by a Toydarian, a creature fans first encountered on Tatooine in “Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.” Here, you will be able to discover all kinds of fun toys straight out of the Star Wars galaxy.